четверг, 13 октября 2011 г.

Berlin, the way I saw it

What can you find out of a new city in one day? Well, probably nothing. But it is said: if you stay in a city for a week - you can write a book about it; if you stay in a city for a month - you can write a resume; if you live in a city for tens of years - you can write nothing. I heard this from the guide when I was travelling to Prague. This time I've been to Berlin. Just for a day. Too short period for such an interesting city. All you can get being in a daytrip - is the atmosphire of a city. It was cold enough, windy, and rainy in the evening. And it was nothing with the weather, the city is wonderful. Berlin, the way I saw it, it is bicycles parked everywhere (because there are parkings and lanes for bicycles, that we wish we had in our native city); cosy cafes in the center of eastern Berlin (one of them, near the Reichstag and Branderburg Gate, I fell in love with); conservative buildings and funny bright retro-cars(trobans); as every tourist I appreciated greatly a lot of guide signs at the crossroads; and as the one with a sweet tooth I liked very much cute confectioner's shop with chocotate Reichstag, huge chocolate bear and enormous sweets in the basket, and veeeeery tasty marcipan sweets 1,5 euro apiece (Fassbender&Rausch, don't really remember where was the shop exactly, Gandarmmarkt I guess).





And for sure the breathtaking tragedy of  BerlinerMauer. Hearing is one, but standing THERE is absolutely different..

Behind the building of Reichstag, where the Wall was.


What about German language practice (I've been lerning it since october 2010), for this I found no time... If I needed to ask someting - I asked in English (It was one of reasons why I liked Hopfingerbrau im Palais cafe - Englishspeaking waiters). Probably, if I stayed in Germany for a bit longer, I would have an opportunity to speak Deutch. Well, at least I understood everything when I was told the price in sovenier-shops for example or ordered coffee at the service station)

Too little time:)
The city is worth coming back:)

august, 27. 2011


Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий